The Mobile Electronics Association (MEA) has formed the following action to respond to noise ordinance issues brought to our attention by Mobile Electronics Association members and other industry professionals.
Establish current situation
- Is it a noise ordinance enforcement issue?
- Is it a proposed ordinance issue?
- Is it a proposed ban on sale or possession of car audio equipment?
- Current ordinances
- Proposed ordinances
Who is responsible
- City Council
- City Attorney
Send letter from the MEA to community officials
- Overnight to top officials
Notify media of MEA's position/concern
- Local media (relative to the municipality)
- Trade media
- Make sure retailers in the area have MEA POP materials regarding "Practice Safe Sound"
- Contact officials and offer assistance
- Setup conference call with retailers in community to discuss strategy
- Keep all involved informed of all community to discuss strategy
- Follow up on results of our efforts
- Issue press release on positive outcome
- Issue a letter to member and non-member retailers from MEA's director of membership regarding MEA's efforts and the outcome
- Solicit testimonials from those involved
- Report MEA's activity through printed and electronic communications